Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

This Week in Ministry (01/06/13)



After the necessary holiday hiatus, it is time to come back to This Week in Ministry...

1. I'm starting to appreciate how lucky I was, during my first year at InnerCHANGE, to have been in ministry full time. Working and doing ministry at the same time is taking a toll on me. I'm starting to feel tired and burned out, it's hard to enjoy the ministry during nights, for example, knowing that I have to get up at 4am the next morning.



2. Today (Sunday) we had our first choir rehearsal for the youth group! Apparently, I'm still leading the group. I feel like the "limbo" leader, since it hasn't been made official yet, but since there is no else to do it, I'm here to somehow fulfill this task. We finally got together a small group of people and started jamming some tunes, and we can't wait to see how this little choir will evolve!

3. I shared my vision before of helping to bridge the Central American community with the local parish, and I had a little taste of this not too long ago! So, I was part of this Christmas play where I was one of the wise men (the wisest of course, you know the one who came up with the whole idea of following a star) and I invited some of my Honduran friends and they agreed to come. It was a huge blessing having them there! They seemed to have a blast!



Behold! The wisest man ever!






4. Mr. Fahrenheit was released from prison! He seems very repentant and wants to find an honest job! This is no short of a miracle, since people in his situation are usually deported. Praise God for this!

5. This coming week we will have a somewhat late White Elephant gift exchange at the parish youth group, and I'm thinking of inviting my Honduran friends for this event. Maybe another opportunity to bring these two communities together? Please pray for this!

That's it for this week, see you next!


3 comments:

  1. What do you mean "in ministry"? Are you a priest or a deacon?

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victor:
      Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog!

      I am a missionary with an ecumenical Christian order called InnerCHANGE (www.innerchange.org). Our order is heavily influenced by St. Francis, and is considered part of a new movement called "New Friars".

      Blessings to you!

      Delete